HarvestHand is a small start-up company in the Annapolis Valley of Nova Scotia. Our mandate is to participate in building a vibrant local food economy by providing new media solutions that help to bring together farmers and food consumers in mutually beneficial ways.
This is a full-time, term position for a minimum of six months. Starts immediately.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- development and maintenance of HarvestHand Web based CSA software platform
- develop innovative new features and evolve current feature sets
- analyse software to ensure stability, availability, and performance
- identify and implement proactive solutions to address potential issues
- identify ideas for system improvements
- respond to customer support needs
- participation in preparation and implementation of training materials
- thrive in a startup environment and familiarity with launching “lean” software applications
- Apache HTTP server
- MySQL relational database management system
- PHP programming language
FIELD OF STUDIES
Applicants should be graduates of a recognized computer science training program (degree or diploma) with a concentration in web development.
- be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or persons who have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- be between 15 and 30 years old (inclusive); required by funders.
- have graduated from a post-secondary institution;
- be legally entitled to work according to relevant provincial legislation and regulations; and
- be a first-time youth participant in a placement of the Career Focus Program of the Youth Employment Strategy.
- Read more about HarvestHand
Apply by March 25, 2015
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Leave a Reply
Please login in to post a reply